Colorado Springs, Colo. (December 15, 2022)–USA Ultimate’s Competition Working Group met earlier this month to review player feedback and discuss and implement changes to its various competition divisions. While full competition guidelines for the youth division are still being written, USA Ultimate can confirm that the following updates and deadlines will apply in 2023. Stay tuned for more information, including complete guidelines, early in 2023.
Youth Division – Updates and Deadlines
- The 2023 Youth Guidelines will be available in January.
- High School & Middle School State Championships
- First-time teams at High School and Middle School State Championship events will no longer be required to have a high school- or middle school-certified coach respectively.
- First-time teams will still need to have their coaches meet Foundational Coach requirements while returning teams will still be required to have one certified coach per team.
- Dates for high school and middle school coach certification clinics are as follows:
- High School (January 22, February 26, April 16).
- Middle School (March 19).
- Registration for all clinics is currently open. Register via your online USA Ultimate membership account.
- The 2023 Youth Club Championships will be held as part of the U.S. Open and will take place August 5-7 at the Aurora Sports Park in Aurora, Colo.
- The YCC application process and key deadlines are as follows:
- Week of January 9: Applications open.
- March 5: Phase 1 application deadline.
- USA Ultimate will begin assigning bids based on complete applications according to the priorities listed below. We will continue to accept applications after March 5, which will be added to the waitlist (Phase 2).
- March 17: Phase 1 bids are awarded according to the bid priorities.
- April 21: Deadline for Phase 1 applicants to accept their bids; Phase 2 application deadline.
- April 28: Phase 2/Waitlisted bids are awarded.
- May 22: Deadline for Phase 2 applicants to accept their bids.
- June 9: Final bids awarded.